Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Mardi Gras!!

Happy Mardi Gras!

George and I had a great Mardi Gras weekend and baby went to his/her first (of many) parades. It was quite a different experience not to drink at Mardi Gras and I'm hoping to never be pregnant over Mardi Gras again. But overall, the weather was gorgeous and we were surrounded by good people! We spent much of our time picturing what it will be like next year and what baby will be doing. Will baby be big enough for his/her own ladder?! We'll have to see....we saw some pretty tiny babies up in their ladders.

Other than that, things are going well. George has had a nice break from his 80 hour work-weeks, although all of that has changed beginning this week. Work for me has been incredibly busy as we gear up for trial. Although it is very exciting and I am learning so much.

With our busy schedules, I feel like my pregnancy is flying by. This makes me pretty sad at times. I am loving the experience of pregnancy and some part of me will be sad when it is over. I am trying to enjoy every minute of it. Baby is officially too big for me to sleep on my stomach, so I had to order a special pillow after one night of very little sleep. It is WONDERFUL!

I am now 18 weeks! Baby is the size of a sweet potato. We find out next week what the sex of the baby is and we are so excited.  Stay tuned for more on that. I haven't done much shopping for baby as I am not a fan of green or yellow....pink and blue are so much cuter! I have, however, been buying books. George and I were both read to as children and it is very important to us that we do so for our children. A few weeks ago I picked up a book that we both have loved for many years:



Here is a quick peak of my growing belly:

Week 7:

Week 14:
Week 16:

Next post- baby's gender!

No comments:

Post a Comment