Sunday, December 26, 2010

Life as we know it....

...is about to drastically change....

As you all know, George and I are beyond excited to announce that we are expecting our first child in August 2011!!!

I am still in the very early stages of my pregnancy. As of today, 12/26, I am aprroximately 7 weeks (and baby is the size of a blueberry). Because of this, we have decided to only share this news with immediate family and very close friends. Each of you are very special to us and we wanted to share our wonderful news with you. However, since it is so early, please hold off on any congratulations on facebook for now. I will use this blog as a way to keep all of our friends and family updated on this journey as well as the recent events in our lives (though I am quite confident that baby news will dominate).

We found out in the early morning hours on December 2, 2010. The first person I called was my sister. I wanted to tell our parents in person but I needed to share the good news with someone! George had to rush off to work so I called my sister....but she didn't answer. It was 6:30am afterall....soo.... I called my mom. When she answered, I said "are you ready to be a grandmother" to which she quickly replied "no." I then advised that she get ready because it was happening! As the day went on, I received several excited phone calls from my mom. Once the shock wore off, I knew she was estatic! George wanted to share the news so he called John the next day. We were so excited we wanted to tell everyone we met. However, it was important to us to tell our parents in person, even though I had already told my mom.

Jen and Dimitri came into town on December 11, 2010 so that we could celebrate Christmas with my dad's family. Jen gave the baby his/her first present....



When we arrived to my Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw's house, I was so anxious to tell them, I said Iwanted them to open one gift right away. I handed my dad, Ms. Colleen, Jacob, Daniel and Jill a small gift bag and instructed them to open them at the same time. I had wrapped a baby diaper, socks, pacifier, onesie and monogrammed bib saying "My Paw-Paw loves me!" (which was given to my dad). After the items were unwrapped, it took a few moments but they quickly realized and were so excited. It was a very special moment and I was so happy to be able to announce the news in such a personal way.



Mark and Kathy came to town a week before Christmas (more about the festivities later) and George and I were dying to tell them our news! After they unpacked and settled in, I casually gave Kathy a bag containing a onesie monogramed with "1st Bensabat Grandbaby." It took a moment but once it clicked, they were so excited! We headed to Babies R Us just to begin looking.



Aside from this exciting news, we are loving living in NOLA! I am really enjoying my job; both the people and the work. It is a great firm and I feel so lucky! George is very  happy with his decision to complete his residency at Tulane. The exhausting workload is difficult and challenging at times. However, he enjoys the people and the program. Overall, we feel extremely blessed and are very thankful for the opportunities that have come our way.

We had a busy Thanksgiving holiday. George was actually off for Thanksgiving day due to a scheduling coincidence. We had lunch with my dad's family then headed to Baton Rouge for dinner with my mom's family. We were exhausted but it was nice to spend the day surrounded by family.
All of our love,
Amanda, George, and Baby Bensabat

No comments:

Post a Comment