History has clued me in that my memory will fade and there will be a time when these events escape me. In preparation for the future, here is a list, in no particular order, of what you have been up to as of late:
1. You are happiest when you are outside.
2. You sleep like an angel. You go down for the night at 8 pm and sleep untill 7 am. It is our fear that your future siblings will not sleep as well as you. So far, you take after both mommy and daddy in this respect.
3. You sleep so much sounder in our bed. It is tempting to let you sleep in our bed more often but you are our first child and we are determined not to create too many bad habits. yet. Besides, you do love your bed. So much that you wont let mommy rock you to sleep.
4. You wave bye-bye.
5. You say uh-oh. It's is adorable when you drop something and say it right after.
6. You HATE having your diaper changed, or putting clothes on. I think you'd be naked all the time if you had your way. According to mimi, mommy was the same at your age. I dread when you discover how to take your diaper off.
7. You nurse 4 times per day. I am not sure if you will self-wean, but my inclination is that you will need some urging from me.
8. You pretty much say daddadada all day. Every now and then you look at me and say mama and my heart melts. I have been trying to teach you "duck" and "dog" which I think you are trying to say when it comes out "DA" and not followed by another "da"
9. You dance whenever there is a beat. of any kind. You even danced to the rythmic beat of the dog panting the other day.
10. You have 8 teeth! 4 on top and 4 on bottom. And, no it doesnt hurt when you nurse because you don't use them to nurse. It only hurts when you are done eating and you get bored. OUCH! That rarely happens anymore, thank God.
11. You have discovered that where the dogs sleep is also big bowl of water, perfect for splashing. AND, you want in all. the. time.
12. You are cruising, full speed ahead.
13. You started climbing. So far, it's just on the bumbo...I'm a little nervous about what is to come.
14. You are a happy baby.
15. You chew on your pointer finger...I think this may mean you are getting more teeth!
16. You LOVE the water. The $10 kiddie pool from Target was a wonderful investment.
17. You love being around people. We can take you anywhere because watching people makes you happy. Your particular favorite is the grocery.
18. You are over the "only mama" phase and love your dada. You go to him willingly and with a smile on your face.
19. You play well with others. For now. I attribute this mostly to daycare although I know the no-sharing phase is probably right around the corner.
20. You love water. Just like me! No juice for you yet, only water and you are totally fine with that.